Adsense Header

Monday, October 28, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup

This has to be one of my favorite soups to make, because it is super easy to make and it's a crockpot recipe. I know when I make this recipe and come home and smell the aroma of all the ingredients it seems to just warm me up before I've even eaten a bite.

I found this recipe by chance when I was looking for some quick ideas for meals that I could make with my crockpot and came across this one from the Campbell's Soup website. I change this recipe up a bit sometimes and use rotisserie chicken or I buy canned chicken (like with tuna) and flake the chicken into all the other ingredients. To me that's part of the fun in trying new recipes and finding a way to make them your own. This recipe serves six. The recipe is as follows:

What You'll Need

  • 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
  • 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
  • 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 soup can water
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 4 corn tortillas (6-inch), cut into strips
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves

How to Make It

  1. Stir the picante sauce, soup, chicken, corn, beans, water and cumin in a 4-quart slow cooker.
  2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
  3. Stir the tortillas, cheese and cilantro into the cooker. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Serve with additional cheese, if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment