Adsense Header

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall Recipes

I was looking on the Internet this evening at a website that I hadn't visited in awhile, +MomsEveryday on the +Kake.com website, and came across this article by +Jen Lennon Fall is in the Air...so what's cooking in your house? I will have the link to Lennon's article at the end of my post if you would like to read it.  And it got me thinking about some of the recipes I cook at my home that end up being served a couple times a month.

I think if I were to sit down and plan my weekly meals I would have baked chicken, lasagna, various crock pot meals, and meatloaf. I think my favorite crock pot meals would be chicken tortilla soup, chili, and pot roast. I love using my crock pot on cold days, because it is a quick way to cook meals and after a long day at work what is better than coming home to a meal that has been cooking all day? As far as favorite smell that comes to mind during the colder months of the year would be that of pot roast. I remember when I was little and visiting my grandparents we would have pot roast, potatoes, and baby carrots on Sundays after church. I just remember all the ingredients melding together and seamlessly melting in my mouth with each bite. I remember this meal would always fill me up and make me feel warm inside.

What is your favorite recipe to cook and why? The other question would be what is your favorite Fall smell that brings back a positive memory? If you would like to share how to cook your favorite recipe, you are more than welcome to post it. I know I am a bit adventurous and like to try new recipes.

The link to Jen Lennon's article is:
http://www.momseveryday.com/wichita/momtomom/headlines/?article=172647761

No comments:

Post a Comment