Adsense Header

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chilled Cherry Cheescake


Who doesn't love cheesecake? I know I am one of many people who love a good cheesecake, and you know as well as I do there are a variety of them out there. However, how many of those cheesecakes are made for diabetics and still taste good? Well I have two different versions of cheesecakes that are easy to make, easy on your wallet, and as Mr. Food says "Oh so good."

The first cheesecake that I am posting is a Chilled Cherry Cheesecake. I cheat a little on this one by swapping the graham crackers for a pre-made graham cracker crust that I find in the baking aisle at my local grocery store. Of course you are more than welcome to try this recipe either way and see which way you like the best. This recipe serves 9.

Ingredients:
  • chocolate graham crackers (I sometimes use a pre-made graham cracker crust)
  • 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
  • 8 ounces vanilla fat-free yogurt
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • 1 can (20 ounces) light cherry pie filling
Directions:
  1. Sprinkle cracker crumbs onto bottom of 8-inch square baking pan. Beat cream cheese, yogurt, and vanilla in medium boal with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
  2. Sprinkle gelatin into water in small microwavable bowl; let stand 2 minutes. Microwave on HIGH 40 seconds; stir and let stand  2 minutes or until completely dissolved.
  3. Gradually beat gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture with electric mixer at low speed until well blended. Pour into prepared pan; refrigerate until firm. Spoon cherry filling onto cheesecake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment